Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Q: How do I find out how Congressman Gardner voted on legislation I am interested in?
A: Finding Congressman Gardner’s voting record is easy. Simply use the Library of Congress’ website, thomas.loc.gov. You can search by the bill’s name, number, or keywords to see how Congressman Gardner voted on a particular piece of legislation, or you can search by his name to see the bills he has sponsored.

If you have any questions about the Congressman’s voting record, please feel free to contact any one of the offices listed at the bottom of this page.

Q: What can the Congressman do for me?
A: The Congressman can help constituents with a federal issue, such as a missing social security check, an immigration question, or a veteran’s affairs issue.

Q: What can’t the Congressman do for me?
A: The Congressman cannot intercede in any matter before any courts.
The Congressman cannot intercede in any state, city, county, or municipal government issue.

Q: Can the Congressman help me with a problem I am having with a federal agency?
A: The Congressman can help with any problems Colorado residents may be having with federal agencies, including problems with Social Security, labor issues, housing, passports, veterans affairs, and immigration. Please contact his Greeley office at (970) 351-6007 and ask for a District Representative to assist you.

Q: What Congressional District do I live in?
A: To find out whether or not you live in Congressman Gardner’s district, simply log-on to www.house.gov and enter your zip code.

Q: I am going to visit Washington, D.C. Can Congressman Gardner assist me with tickets for tours of the Capitol, White House, and other interesting attractions?
A: Of course. Please check out the “Visiting Washington DC” page on this website, or contact the Congressman’s Washington, D.C. office at (202) 225-4676 for more information about touring our nation’s capital.

Q: How can I let Congressman Gardner know my feelings on issues and legislation?
A: Representing your interests in Congress is Congressman Gardner’s number one priority. You can email him your questions, comments, and concerns, or you can contact any of the offices listed at the bottom of this page.

Q: How can I get a flag flown over the U.S. Capitol?
A: Congressman Gardner is proud to offer United States flags at a nominal fee as a service to his constituents. At your request, he can even have your flag flown over the U.S. Capitol. To order a flag, please contact the Congressman’s Washington D.C. office at (202) 225-4676, or go to the flag section of this website by clicking HERE.

Q: Does the Congressman offer internships in his Colorado and Washington, D.C. offices?
A: Yes, Congressman Gardner offers internships in all of his offices for undergraduate and graduate students as well as for recent graduates. For more information, please visit the internship section of this website by clicking HERE, or contact the office at which you would be interested in serving as an intern.

Q: How can I request a meeting with the Congressman or invite him to attend my event?
A: For scheduling requests for events or meetings in Colorado, please contact the Congressman’s Greeley office at (970) 351-6007. For meetings or events in Washington, D.C., please fax your request to (202) 225-4676 or visit this Web page on the site and fill out the form.

Q: I have sent Congressman Gardner a letter with my thoughts on an issue. How long will it be until I can expect a response?
A: As you might imagine, Congressman Gardner receives a large volume of mail and email. He does his very best to personally respond to each letter he receives as quickly as possible, but his response times can vary. Please allow up to four to six weeks to hear back from him.

Q: What is the section in the National Defense Authorization Act that does not require the detention of US citizens? 

A: 14 (e) AUTHORITIES.—Nothing in this section shall be construed to affect existing law or authorities relating to the detention of United States citizens, lawful resident aliens of the United States, or any other persons who are captured or arrested in the United States.

Congressman Gardner’s Congressional Offices:
Washington, DC
213 Cannon HOB
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: (202) 225-4676
Fax: (202) 225-5870
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00AM-5:00PM Eastern time

2425 35th Ave., Suite 202
Greeley, CO 80634
Phone: (970) 351-6007

Rocky Ford
408 North Main Street, Suite F
P.O. Box 104
Rocky Ford, CO 81067
Phone: (719) 316-1101
Fax: (719) 316-1103

529 N. Albany, Suite 1220
Yuma , CO 80759
Phone: 970-848-2845