Congressman Gardner’s Office Accepting Submissions for 2013 Art Contest
GREELEY, COLO. – U.S. Rep. Cory Gardner is proud to announce that his office is now accepting submissions for the 2013 4th Congressional District Art Competition. High school students (grades 9th – 12th) are encouraged to enter and share their creative talents with the local community.
“The Congressional Art Contest is one of my office’s favorite traditions because it gives students from our community the opportunity to show off their artistic talents, and I look forward to seeing all of the spectacular pieces,” Gardner said.
The winner of the 4th District competition will have their work displayed in the United States Capitol.
Guidelines for the 2013 Artwork:
· Artwork must be two-dimensional
· Each piece can be no larger than 28”x28”x4” - including the frame
· Artwork cannot weigh more than 15 lbs.
· Work entered must be in the original
· All work submitted must be framed or have reinforced backing and be ready to hang on the exhibition wall
Acceptable media for submissions:
· Paintings: oil, acrylics, watercolor etc.
· Drawings: pastels, colored pencil, pencil, charcoal, ink, markers
· Prints: lithographs, silkscreen, block prints
· Mixed Media: use of more than two medias such as pencil, ink, watercolor, etc.
· Computer generated art
For more information please visit: http://gardner.house.gov/serving-you/art-competition
If you have any questions contact: Maria Secrest, 4th Congressional District Arts Competition Liaison, Telephone: 970-351-6007, email: firstname.lastname@example.org